Tips from Seamless Rain Gutter Installers
Clogged gutters can cause a myriad of problems around your home. Not only do they cause water damage to the home’s foundation, but they also affect the landscape. It is therefore imperative to keep your gutters clear, especially during the fall. With the aid of seamless rain gutter installers, clear gutters are now easily achievable.
Our seamless rain gutter installers don’t recommend cleaning your gutters on your own, but if you’re determined to do it yourself, you should follow these tips:
- Assemble the appropriate tools for gutter cleaning.
- A good sturdy ladder
- A bucket which you can put in the debris
- A gutter scoop, preferably a plastic one. A metal scoop can scratch and damage the gutters and their seams.
- A tarp that you can spread on your workspace to collect gunk and debris.
- Dress appropriately: Wear work pants such as jeans, a long-sleeved shirt, and rubber gloves. Cleaning gutters is a messy job, and you need to be ready for the task.
- Clean off the roof: First, rake the leaves and debris off the roof. This eliminates the risk of your gutters getting clogged again after the tremendous amount of work you’re performing.
- Unclog the gutters: Using your gutter scoop, scoop out as much debris from the gutters and into the bucket.
- Unclog the downspouts: After cleaning out the gutters, use a water hose down the downspout at full pressure. If the water comes back out at the top, there is a clog. Gently tapping on the side of the downspout helps dislodge the clogs.
- Repair any sagging metal: Once the gutters are clean and clear, repair any hanging or sagging metal. We highly recommend enlisting the help of seamless rain gutter installers for this one.
It is Crucial to Practice Safety When Cleaning Out Your Gutters.
Did you know that every year, about 500,000 people are treated for ladder-related injuries?
Ensure you practice ladder safety by:
- Letting someone know that you will be working on your building’s roof using a ladder.
- Use ladder stabilizers and ensure you place them on level ground.
- Tuck your shirt into your pants and the bottom of your pants into your socks to prevent loose clothing from catching on something.
- Invite someone to help who can lend a hand when you drop something.
When All Else Fails, Contact Seamless Rain Gutter Installers
If you are worried about your safety, consult seamless rain gutter installers for professional expertise. At Northern Exteriors, we are your premier roofing and exteriors specialists in Utah. We pride ourselves on our superior craftsmanship and friendly customer service.
Get in touch with us today for more information about our services.